Inspired by my friend David’s own post, this is my brief review of 2008 and my goals for 2009.
There hasn’t been any major change in my life through 2008 (that I can reveal on here, anyway), but I’ve managed to do plenty of interesting things at work. I think the thing that 2008 will be remembered for is the dramatic downturn in the world economy, though fortunately I’ve not been touched by it so far other than seen dramatic interest rate cuts on my savings.
For 2009 I hope to:
- Become a Microsoft Certified Professional
- Complete a software project I’m working on, and sell it
- Buy a house/flat
- Get more exercise
- Push for a revival of socialising at work (it’s died off over the last year)
- Have another great holiday somewhere with friends from uni
- Do more non-C# coding, to revive the broadness of my programming skills base – specifically PHP
No plans to move abroad, though moving somewhere else in the UK isn’t out of the question – depends on the circumstances and the incentives.
Let’s hope that 2009 brings a more promising outlook for the economy.