It’s a little late, I know, but it’s still relatively early in the year – early enough to set some targets.
Last year I set the following goals:
- Become a Microsoft Certified Professional – exam 1 of 3 complete (with flying colours ðŸ˜€ ), half way through studying for the second now
- Complete a software project I’m working on, and sell it – about 80% of the way there for the first version
- Buy a house/flat – done!
- Get more exercise – I’ve got a Wii now, with Wii Fit, which sorta counts … doesn’t it?
- Push for a revival of socialising at work (it’s died off over the last year) – didn’t happen
- Have another great holiday somewhere with friends from uni – didn’t happen
- Do more non-C# coding, to revive the broadness of my programming skills base – specifically PHP – lost interest, continued focussing on .Net
In addition to the above, I did achieve something I hadn’t planned to do last year – my sky dive.
Now, these are the goals for this year:
- Become a Microsoft Certified Professional
- Complete a software project I’m working on, and sell it
- Have another great holiday somewhere with friends from uni
- Post more to this blog
- Learn to cook more than just pasta
Yeah, it’s shorter than last year, and certainly not original but I should be able to achieve them all if I put my mind to it. I’ve also got a few more personal and some secret goals to meet, so this isn’t the complete list.
Here’s to the new year!