So, yet another year over and another year older. As I have done last year, and the year before, this post outlines my goals for next year and assesses how well I did with those set for 2010.
Here’s last year’s list:
- Become a Microsoft Certified Professional – this was delayed due to illness, but the next exam is scheduled for early Feb 🙂
- Complete a software project I’m working on, and sell it – I’m tantalisingly close to achieving this
- Have another great holiday somewhere with friends from uni – done!
- Post more to this blog – possibly the least-achieved goal
- Learn to cook more than just pasta – an ongoing one
And this one is for 2011:
- Become a Microsoft Certified Professional
- Complete Foresight, sell it, and get a business going in the form of Idea Cog
- Have another great holiday somewhere with friends, money allowing
- Get some non-computer-based hobbies going
- Make some more local friends, and pull myself away from working on Foresight all of the time
- Get more exercise
- Learn to cook more than just pasta
Like a lot of people, money is quite tight at the moment, but most of the things above don’t need it. Hopefully I’ll be able to put the financial worries to the back of my mind and focus on the positives of the year to come!